Sunday, November 23, 2008

Rachel Danielle Hart

With thanks to God we welcome into this world our second daughter, Rachel Danielle Hart. She was born on Thursday, November 20th, at 11:44 pm. She weighed a whopping 9 pounds, 13 ounces. (thankfully she was 2 weeks early!!!) We were able to come home the following day at lunch time. We had to stay a little while at the hospital to make sure that Rachel's sugar levels were ok because of her size.

Thursday morning at an OB appointment (to get antibiotics) I was 4 cm. That day I was contracting quite a bit, but noticing a lot of movement of the baby. So after I picked Aidan up from school, I paged my midwife, and she decided that we should go to Mac just to make sure all was ok with the baby. We got there around 5. Everything with the baby looked good, and I was 6 cm, so she was not letting me go home! Thankfully my Mom had already taken my kids just in case! So by 7:30 I was starting to get active labour and she was born by midnight! She just made it to be born on the 20th!

And as you've been waiting for....here are some pictures of our cute little bundle!!

Here she is all snug as a bug at the hospital! I love how well the nurses bundle her there!



We are home....and look who already found her thumb!

Wide awake! She has brown hair, which is different for us and Anna and Aidan both had blond!

Aidan and Anna were so excited to meet her! Aidan's first comment when he was told he had a sister, was "That's Anna's sister, I was supposed to have a brother!" But as you can see, he is thrilled with her! He wouldn't stop grinning and wanted to hold her a lot! Anna already called her 'my Rachel'.
Our new family!

She has long slender fingers...something else Aidan and Anna did not!
Proud siblings

My midwife Lana came this morning for a check. Rachel weighed 8 pounds, 16 ounces.
After supper tonight we gave her her first bath at home. She liked it until we started to wash her!

My sleeping beauty!
That's all for now, I have to go upstairs and feed my little Rachel!


Amy.......I'm sure you like her name heh?? After we picked the name I was like....wait a minute....that's the names of both of Amy's daughters...... :)

9 comments:

amymom24 said...

I laughed out loud when I read the title of your post! GREAT choice of names:) I certainly won't be able to forget it!:)

CONGRATULATIONS! And now that I just finished bowing to your domestic abilities, I have to start bowing to your child-birthing abilties! 9lbs.13ozs.! I am in pain for you... LOL!

She is absolutely beautiful! She reminds me of Anna - I think it is the cheeks and eyes. Enjoy her and looking forward to more pics:)

Michelle Vanderven said...

aww what a cutie becky!!! She is gorgeous.. congrats to the both of you on the birth of Rachel!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Hart family! What a beautiful baby~
She sure looks healthy and I'm happy for you too that she was 2 weeks early....
Enjoy your new little treasure..God is good!
Also Congrats to the grandparents~
Cheers! Ben & Anita Poort

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Becky! She's a sweetie! Hope all's going well for you and Rachel!
Wishing you continued blessings,
Rachel Kingma
(I'll never forget your girls names...Rachel & Anna. If ever you have another baby girl, maybe consider Catie? :) ?)

Anonymous said...

Rachel just left the same comment I made to you on Facebook...funny!
She's a cutie Becky, don't you just love it when they're big and healthy looking, I love the little rolls.
Congrats again!
Catie Leistra

Irene said...

Congratulations Becky and Eric! What wonderful news. I'm glad you're all healthy and happy:) Take care.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. She's very precious!
Evelyn N. and family

George van Popta said...

Congratulations, Eric and Becky. She is a real beauty.

Shauna said...

Hi Becky! Such wonderful pictures and a beautiful baby! Congratulations! Aidan and Anna look so proud! Love, Shauna