Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Here is the last entry for now.

I have been busy sewing lately. I love to sew, I 'm just not that great and don't have much time to do it. ( I do hate mending though...why does Eric have to keep wearing through the knees of his pants and splitting seams open...)

One of the projects that I wanted to try was a little house on the prairie bonnet. I saw some little girls with some at the park the other day, and I asked where they got them. I guess there is this Mennonite relief sale that happens the last weekend in May, and I just missed it. So I searched the internet and found my own pattern! I made one for Rachel. I just have to adjust where the chin strap is as I'm not happy with where it is sitting on her head right now. But I still think that she looks adorable in it!

Here's a look at the bonnet off of her head.



I also made Rachel another summer bag as we just had one, and I like to have a backup in case she wakes up wet! I used my existing bag to make the pattern as my Mom had the pattern, and I didn't want to wait to get it from her. This was the first time I had done a zipper since grade 11 sewing, so thanks to some tips from my Mom, I got it first shot! I also found a video tutorial on how to do bias tape as I didn't remember how to do that anymore either!

With the leftover fabric I made some flannel washcloths to use for faces. With babysitting I always need lots and run out each week.
Fabricland was having awesome sales, so I went back and got 20 more yards of flannel to use to sew gifts in the future!

On Thursday the 18th, Aidan's class had their family picnic at the park at the arena next to the school. Everyone brought a little snack so their was tons of food, mostly junk though. Aidan and Anna spent most of their time eating! Aidan had 2 icecreams, a cupcake, timbits and who knows what else when I wasn't watching! Anna ate lots too....

They did play on the park for a while too.
Rachel was so good and just hung out in her carseat on the stroller the whole time while I chatted with other Moms!


Aidan made a cute newspaper for Eric for Father's day at school. He couldn't wait until Sunday and gave it to him as soon as he got home from work on Thursday! :)



Here is Rachel mid roll. She is a pro now and always rolls to her front when she is playing on the floor.


Dating a little while back, this is the card that the kids made for me for my birthday!



On Saturday Aidan found Eric's bandana for work and decided to be a pirate! He's beating up Eric with his sword. Aidan was giggling so hard he could hardly hit him sometimes!
















Rachel turned 7 months old on Saturday. She weighs 16 pounds, 9.5 ounces. And she was 27 inches long.












































Anna loves her sister! I can never do a photoshoot with Rachel without one of the other kids getting in there too!









That's all for now!

4 comments:

Alanna said...

Great sewing!

I love the red and white outfit you have on Rachel, it's very cute.

Irene said...

Hey Becky; Great little update! I love the outfit that Rachel is wearing for her 7 month photo...she looks good in red. Have a good one. Irene

Becky said...

the best part about that outfit? $4 at walmart!

amymom24 said...

Great updates, Becky!

I love how Aidan didn't want to go into the water at the splash pad - I can totally relate, I have a son who is the same way! Good for him for getting in there even if he didn't get wet:)

Great sewing! I don't even own a sewing machine, so I sure am impressed:) I also lucked out with the Fabricland sale as I was looking for tulle to make tutus for the girls (no sewing required there!) and happened to go during the 50% off sale - sweeeet! Never been there before, so I certainly have a good impression of the store now:)

Rachel sure is growing. The pic of her rolling is adorable - brings back so many seemingly distant memories...:)

Also love the pic of Aidan beating Eric with the sword. Your caption made me grin!

Love Anna's curls, as always:) She has such character!!

Hope your tomatoes turn out great. I would love have a garden someday, too.