Monday, June 22, 2009

This is Rachel's 6 month photo shoot! I think that she looks like me when I was little when she smiles like this! At the date of this picture Rachel is not sitting by herself yet or rolling over. But she is getting much more content and smiley! We started solid foods about a week before she turned 6 months. She wasn't very interested in it, and to this day she still isn't. I offer it to her twice a day, and she kinda eats it one of the times. She'll get it eventually I guess!

She thought that it was pretty funny that I put her in the basket. I had to take the pictures quickly because she kept trying to get out.


A few days after she turned 6 months she rolled over for the first time! We were at my Dad and Mom's when she did it and she rolled from her back to her front, and then kept right on going onto her back again. Since then she has continued to roll from back to front, but has not done front to back again. This picture is of the second time that she rolled over, as I didn't have my camera at my Mom's.



Rachel is still enjoying the jolly jumper, she just loves to bounce, in here, or her exersaucer, or wherever she is standing.


On May 26th, my niece Kezia turned four! We went to her house for a little party!



Rachel just loves her exersaucer, and it's definitely her favorite place to have her independent playtime...provided her loving siblings leave her alone...

...which doesn't happen often. Aidan can't resist his sister. Whenever he sees her he just has to go up to her and hug and kiss her. She loves him too!



On May 29th we made the drive up to Ottawa to visit with Brian and Alanna for the weekend. We stopped in Warkworth to visit my grandparents on the way up and we arrived around 9ish. The next morning the kids were all up bright and early ready and eager to play with eachother! Here they are playing hungry hippo together.
Saturday morning the dad's worked on putting a gate in the fence and Alanna and I took 2 kids and went for a walk and did some yardsaling in the neighbourhood! I always love a bargain! I got a pair of almost new Robeez for Rachel for 25 cents:)

We gave Zachary his 3rd birthday gift while we were there...I think that he liked it!
And here is the handsome almost 3 year old!
On Saturday night, Alanna made us an awesome rib dinner which we also shared with Chris and Charlene. We ate after the kids were in bed, so we had a nice quiet dinner!


I've been trying to lose some weight lately, (I'm at 12 pounds so far since the beginning of April!).

ONe of the ways I find time to exersize in my busy schedule is to walk to get Aidan from school should Rachel's schedule that day allow it. I tryed out the bike trailer for the first time with Rachel as it is so much easier to push up the massive hill that we have in St. George.!


12 pounds down, 10 more to go until me goal!

No comments: